St Monica Lifeteen
Fall 2017 Life Teen Series
St Monica Lifeteen Flocknote Group
Text STMLT to 84576
from your phone to subscribe to updates.
Get important updates from our church in a timely and convenient way. This new tool we're using lets you choose what info you'd like to receive - via email or text message - from the various ministries and groups in our church. You can unsubscribe any time.
Text STOP to 84576 to stop txt notifications at any time. Text HELP for help. There is no charge for this service, but your carrier message and data rates may apply. View full terms & conditions at www.flocknote.com/txt.
- November 6, 2017 - 12:44pmIt’s Monday morning and this is what I know: twenty-six people are dead, by a shooter with an unknown motive, and all this took place in a church -- the place where God’s peace is meant to reign -- all of this incredibly challenging my faith in God.
- November 6, 2017 - 12:00pmThe fire of the Holy Spirit that makes you feel so alive does not have to go away or die out when you leave from a retreat. The fire and life of the Holy Spirit is always alive in our hearts.
- November 2, 2017 - 1:00pmWhen we recognize our own limits and acknowledge God’s limitless power and love, His power and love are shown to us all the more.
- October 30, 2017 - 9:00amBy now, my dear freshman friend, you’re probably in a pretty good groove when it comes to high school. Your locker is set up, you know the route between your classes, and you actually respond to your Spanish name now, right? So it seems like a good time to stop and evaluate: how are things going so far?
- October 26, 2017 - 1:00pmI was always told that prayer was important but whenever I showed up in prayer, I walked away perplexed and frustrated. I knew that I was missing something, but it took that very raw and awkward moment in my life to realize this: I was overthinking prayer.
The Case For Life Teen
“One million Catholics will be Confirmed in the United States this year: 85% of them will eventually stop attending Sunday Mass.” (www.dynamiccatholic.com) This statistic is astonishing. The future of our faith is in the hands of our youth and the source and summit of this faith comes from the Mass! We need to encourage Catholics to be Eucharist centered! We need to encourage Catholics to inspire the youth! We need something to engage these teens…
In a 2010 survey conducted by the USCCB, we found that 49% of U.S. vocations to the priesthood participated in Life Teen. This is an incredible number considering that Life Teen and Edge are only implemented in 8.3% of U.S. parishes. (Core Member Handbook, Life Teen)
How do we lead teens into a relationship with Our Lord? How do we teach teens to appreciate our beautiful faith? Life Teen answers these questions.
Life Teen is an international Catholic movement with one mission:leading teens closer to Christ! It is a place where they can build community with other teens in the parish while cultivating a personal relationship with our Lord. The Coordinators and CORE team are committed to creating a safe, fun, engaging and spiritually stimulating environment for any high school teenager who wants or needs to build a better understanding of their faith.Life Teen is designed to inspire a Eucharistic spirituality and offers an inviting environment that makes all of the teens feel welcome.
WHO IS LIFE TEEN FOR?
Life Teen is for all high school teenagers: 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.
IS THERE A CURRICULUM FOR LIFE TEEN?
Yes. Life Teen follows a curriculum designed by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Through 9 different semester themes, it covers all of the essential teachings of the Catholic faith.
WHO RUNS LIFE TEEN?
Because of it’s unique dynamic, Life Teen is comprised of a CORE group of adults. There is not one “teacher” because it is not a “class”. This team consists of a Coordinator and a group of dedicated volunteers and active Catholics. Life Teen CORE members assume the role of “relational minister”. This is a way that we can follow the model of Christ by teaching through relationships.
WHAT IS RELATIONAL MINISTRY?
Relational ministry reflects the model that Christ showed us. This model encourages the CORE to pray for the teens by name and getting to know the teens’ interests and values. This also involves challenging teens to go deeper in their faith. Most importantly, as relational ministers, we are responsible for creating a comfortable place for teens to talk about God.
WHEN IS LIFE TEEN?
Life Teen begins Sunday with the 5 pm mass and is followed by the Life Teen session in Stuebben Hall.
HOW CAN I HELP?
We would appreciate any kind of prayer devotion for the success of Life Teen here at St. Monica! It is through the power of the Holy Spirit that we are able to be fruitful with this ministry. If you are interested in using your time, talents, or treasure to help this ministry, please contact the Coordinator of Life Teen, 658-7920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERESTED IN HELPING AS A CORE MEMBER?
We thank you for all of your support. To learn more about Life Teen, visit their website at www.lifeteen.com.
“The youth are the hope of the Church.” –Blessed John Paul the Great
For more information, contact:
Jan VanSlambrouck or Timo Zepeda